Monday, May 22, 2017

Week 93

So, this week I worked on getting Connor's 20th b-day package sent off. Yep, that's right--T.W.E.N.T.Y! He will no longer be a teenager. Those twenty years went by pretty darn fast! When I asked him what he wanted for his birthday, the only thing he could come up with was "spicy chips". So, we went with that--and a couple other things. Here's a picture of his package. It just might be the last one I send--unless I get crazy and do something red, white and blue for the 4th of July. In any case, it seems weird to be sending the last, or second to last, package to him. I've always been glad he is in a place where I can send something and it doesn't cost a month's salary and it gets to him in 3 days instead of 3 months. It's been fun.



20th Birthday Package
May 2017


Here is Connor's letter for the week:


Hi Mom!!! :)

I had a pretty great week! Our area is very slowly building up a little bit; we've talked to a few people that seem quite interested! Our ward is so helpful and kind, so that always makes things a lot better! :) I went on exchanges with my district leader, Elder Hacking, and had a great time. I'm playing for a musical number at zone conference today, so we had a fun practice in Tracy (so good to be back!) and the member that drove us took us to Texas Roadhouse for lunch :) I think.... that's all for this week!

We have Elder Weatherford Clayton coming for a mission tour, and we have a zone conference with him today, so I have to be kinda quick with my email time. Thank you SO much for your email! I love hearing hearing your thoughts and words and insights :)

For the dermatologist appointment, all is well. He said that none of them look concerning. I told him that I didn't think that we have any history of skin cancer in the family...is that right? He said especially with that consideration, I should be totally fine. They did take pictures so they could compare with a follow up visit, which they wanted to do in 6 months. I told the secretary I won't be here for that, and she said something about not really keeping records on file... so I hope they kept something that they could sent to Dr. Bradshaw.

I'm sorry Dad is going to be gone again!! That's fun you get to do a couple EFY's together though! Where are you doing them? That was always a good week for me, and it definitely contributed to the testimony I have now. I'm glad the spin practices went well. You'll do an amazing job :)

Thanks for your thoughts on my thoughts :) I really appreciated those. I've wondered that sometimes about my patriarchal blessing. There are some talents it says I have, that I wish would just kinda manifest themselves without me having to work too hard on them :)

Thanks for the pictures!! That's sad for Makaeli's last game! I don't remember what mine was... was it the city league, or intramurals? So long ago :) I didn't receive the attachment with Ethan's singing, but that's fun he did such a good job!

Thank you for sending the birthday package!!! I'm so excited :) It's weird telling people now that I'm "almost 20"... and then I'll be saying "20" pretty soon. Pretty crazy!!! :)

So... testimonies are Soup-er important. They warm your soul like a can-dle. ;) I'll come up with real ones next week :)

I love you so much!! Thank you for everything you do for me. Thank you for giving birth to me almost 20 years ago! I'm glad you get the cake - you deserve it more, right? :)

Love,
Elder Connor Hopkin :)

















"This is Elder Hacking, on our exchange. He's making fun of my Asian eyes, so I'm just blaming it on your family :) And my allergies."

















No comments:

Post a Comment