Monday, May 15, 2017

Week 90

This week I have been helping Connor set up a Dermatologist appointment, so his letter refers to that a bit. While doing so, I was in correspondence with Sister Palmer, the Mission President's Wife. I wanted to add what she wrote about Connor on here, I think he'll appreciate having that. So, first his letter, then a short blurb from her. We are at 90 weeks--that sounds like a lot, right?!



Hi Mom!!!!! :)

Wow, lots of fun stuff going on! :) The whole insurance thing made sense. I found the UHC numbers - they're on the right side, but I'm pretty sure we're talking about the same thing! :) And I printed out the email, so I'll make sure to fill out a consent form. Thank you so much for working that all out for me! The day and time will be perfect. You'll have to teach me life skills like that when I get home - I'm so dumb with that stuff :) As far as the bike goes, that's good to know about the new bike possibility. There's actually a less active member in this area that has a really nice bike that he's selling for $150 at most; I think I can ship a bike home from here for about $50; so I might pick that one up. I was talking to the member who's been helping me out with all this, and he can get it fixed up for me if need be, and he even suggested I could sell it - it's a pretty new bike so I could maybe even make some money on it :) My only concern is getting it stolen in the next few months - it is kinda shiny... :) I'll let you know if I decide to get the CTR bike. Thanks for checking in on that too!!

That's so cool about the Israel trip! I don't remember hearing that you're going next year! Haha when I first saw that, I thought you meant you're leaving this August and I freaked out for a second :) That'll be so much fun! And I'm totally ok if I get to visit during the holidays :) That's so exciting!!! That's fun you had a little reunion with the Texas clan; I wish I could have been there!

I'm glad you made it up to Idaho Falls! I'd love to visit that one sometime - see the beginnings of my creation :) I totally agree about how much of a blessing it is to have temples on the earth. I think I told you, but when I went to Oakland, I walked into the lobby and felt immediate peace and quiet. I also received some impressions and answers that really helped me out.

I'm so excited to Skype in a couple weeks!!!! :) I'm hoping that after doing it 3 times, it will actually feel kinda normal for my last one - we'll see though! Transfers are next week, and I think it's about a 50/50 chance that I get transferred - hopefully I can just do it at the Frazes', but we'll see what happens. I'll do my best to get it around 5 or 6 your time!

So, a couple fun things to report this week! First, we did a musical number in church yesterday. A ward missionary, Brother Hoff, put it together (he sent you a recording I think - did you get it?). He and Elder Tiatia and our first counselor, Brother Cox, sang; I was on the piano; and Brother Capps was on the violin. It was so much fun! :) Also, we found an AWESOME family this week! There's a less active woman that moved here about a month ago, and her children aren't members yet. So we're teaching them, and they're hopefully getting baptized reasonably soon! Ah they're such cool kids!! They all pay attention pretty well, and I think they like us, and they ask the coolest questions (it's hard though, answering deep questions for kids. One of the kids asked, "How did Satan tempt Eve to eat the fruit, if it wasn't even bad that she ate the fruit?"). :) So that's kinda been the biggest thing this week! Yesterday, we had a pretty busy evening, and we were biking against the wind, and I hit my heel pretty hard on my pedal, and I got really frustrated; but, I had the thought to say a prayer of gratitude to counteract my bad attitude; and about 2 minutes later, I was happy again! That was a good learning experience for me!

Well, I think that's all this week! Thank you again for all of your help! Good luck with the upcoming busy month!! Thank you for taking so much time out of your day to help with all of my problems :) You're such a good Mom!!! I love you so so much!

Love,
Elder Connor Hopkin :)


"We will miss him greatly when he goes home. He has been an exemplary elder; always dependable, Christ-like, and respectful. We love him very much."
                                                                                    Sister Palmer


No comments:

Post a Comment