Monday, March 13, 2017

Week 83



Hi Mom!!!!!! :)

The week went great! I am good, my companion is good, etc :) I'm glad things are going well at home! Thanks for the reassurance :) I haven't been too worried or anxious, luckily, but it came up every once in a while, especially last week for some reason. I'm so excited for you and your paid vacation!! That's going to be so fun I'm sure! Where are you going again? That's way cool about Dad and the Rabbis too - and one speaking in sacrament meeting! I'm sure that will be fascinating! I'm still so happy about Makaeli getting accepted to BYU, whether she chooses to go or not. Is there a big tuition difference? I'm guessing she got some kind of scholarship to SUU, but has half tuition to BYU? That's great that Bryn is enjoying work - she's so solid :) And Ethan continues to be more well-rounded than the rest of us combined, huh? :)

That's so nice of you to throw that shower for Angie! I'm glad she's getting married, cause I get an extra tie now! Plus it will be nice for her to have a husband :) I continue to pray that all goes smoothly with all the planning, etc. And I didn't know Ashley's pregnancy is high risk...but that makes sense. I'll be sure to pray!!

Not too much to report this week. We had a great zone conference, and the assistants drove us - Elders Grover and Baird. It's so fun seeing Elder Grover around, and Elder Baird is such a good missionary, so it was fun to be with them for a little! Hm...oh, we were told about this bike trail that's in a park in the middle of our area! We had no idea it was so accessible, but the sisters told us about it, and now we're using it a ton! It certainly beats driving on the road, uphill :) It's so gorgeous too! And it cuts our biking time by about 5 minutes! So that's been putting me in a good mood :) We had a couple lessons with some of our incredible investigators, and I just love them so much!! There are a ton of members that have been such a big help to us too, and I'm growing to love them more and more! I better not be transferred in a couple weeks!! :)

For our zone conference, we were supposed to find our favorite parable; I couldn't decide so I chose two :) The first was the Parable of the Prodigal son. I love the way the father reacts: "But when he was yet a great way off, his father saw him, and had compassion, and ran, and fell on his neck, and kissed him" and said, "This my son was dead, and is alive again; he was lost, and is found." I think of how the Savior feels and reacts when we, constant sinners, repent and return to Him. Nothing makes Him happier. I think, like the father, He doesn't wait for us to come all the way to Him; but as soon as we start towards Him, He runs to us. I also chose the Parable of the Pearl of Great Price: "Again, the kingdom of heaven is like unto a merchant man, seeking goodly pearls; Who, when he had found one pearl of great price, went and sold all that he had, and bought it." There are so many pearls of great price to be had in the Church and the gospel. When we are willing to sacrifice whatever the Lord requires, we will find the joy that can come. Anyways, just a couple thoughts for the week!

As far as the moles go, I'll send you some pictures next week if that's ok. I'm not overly concerned, but 5 months can be a while for that kind of stuff, so it might be good at least for Angie and Alisha to check them out! Thank you so much for being willing to help with that!!

Thank you for your thoughts and reassurance and help! Thanks for always sending such wonderful emails!! I love you so much!!! :)

Love,
Elder Connor Hopkin :)


1) A member in our ward made us MINIONARIES! :)



2) Elder Carling, right at the end of last transfer
Elder Carling and Elder Hopkin


3) Valentines Day ties! :)
Elder Hopkin and Elder Tiatia










No comments:

Post a Comment