Monday, March 6, 2017

Week 81

Hi Mom!!!! :)

Those are fun updates, thank you!! Haha basketball season is always the worst for me - it's so hard to keep your eyes away :) Any updates on Makaeli's college plans? I've been really curious! And that's awesome for Ashley! She's gonna have her hands full! :) I'll plan on sending some stuff with Sister Fraze, then - it'll be nice to get rid of some stuff. There is a lot of junk, though, that I'll probably just drop off somewhere :)

As far as the weather goes: There's a river called the Tuolumne that basically forms the bottom boundary of our area. With them releasing some water from the Don Pedro dam, there was a little bit of flooding in some of the lower areas that are close to the river. On Tuesday, we actually helped a less-active member dig out trenches and put some metal sheets to protect his house, and I think he ended up needing it. I don't think the flooding has been as bad as a lot of people were worried it might be. I've seen the river nice and big, but I haven't even encountered the flooded housing areas at all. It's been so crazy with the rain! I think I'm starting to get used to biking wet :) It's been really nice the last few days though, luckily! Let's see... as far as the work goes, we found a new investigator that is so awesome! We street contacted him a couple weeks ago, and he loves what he's hearing and learning! He's such a cool guy! A couple of our investigators made some good progress, some didn't. Regular missionary work :) I've been trying to come up with some exciting stuff from the last week, but can't really think of anything! Just a typical week :) We did have exchanges this week, which was fun. We're doing exchanges different now, though, where both sets work in our area. It made for a fun evening :)

Those are really cool thoughts about the creation!! I've never really thought anything about actually applying that doctrine, you know? I always just looked at it as a bit of information - but those are really good points that we can actually apply into our lives! I've been studying quite a bit about the Fall, just trying to understand it more. I love in Jesus the Christ, how he explains so well the need that we have for our Savior, because of the Fall. Because of the physical and spiritual death that came into the world, we could never come back to our Father. That's why Christ chose to, out of love, sacrifice Himself and die for each of us. It makes me that much more grateful for what He did.

Oh, I did get both the bag and the package! THANK YOU! :) The bag is perfect, and I loved my package so much! Elder Tiatia told me to make sure to thank you. His candy is basically already gone! I've been a little more controlled, but I've eaten way too much sugar over the last few days :) And I'm already wearing my new tie for the 3rd time today! Plus, I'm SO excited for my Dairy Queen :)

Well, I think that's all! Sorry it was a little dry with the updates and stories this week! I'll be looking forward to the updates next week! I love you so so much, and I'm so grateful for you! Thank you for being such an incredible mother!! This week, I was just praying and thanking Heavenly Father for such good parents, and it helped me realize just a little bit more how lucky I am to have been raised by you! So thank you :) I love you!

Love,
Elder Connor Hopkin :)

No comments:

Post a Comment