Monday, March 6, 2017

Week 82--19 Months And Counting....

Well, it sounds a bit crazy, but this last week Connor hit 19 months served with 5 to go. I will admit that last month went by pretty fast for me. Don't know what the next 5 will do, but I will take it! I am torn between wanting him to return and being able to see him again and not wishing away his last few months. Although 24 months is long, and believe me, it has seemed long, it is only 24 months. And, you can't ever get them back. A mission is a once-in-a-lifetime adventure and I want it to be the very best it can be for him because I know once it is over it eventually becomes just a wonderful memory. Hopefully the lessons, the testimony and personal conversion, the experiences, and the friendships gained while serving stay with you forever. But, you never get to go back and do it again. So, I will try to contain my excitement. I will try not to mention it too often--especially to him. I will hope that these next 5 months are his very best yet--and who am I to stand in the way of that?


Hi Mom!!!! :)

HAHAHA those pictures are so funny! And Bryn's quote! :) I'm glad the surgery is all over, and I will definitely pray for a more speedy recovery! Ah, I half-way want the time to fly by too...but kinda not at the same time! Last week, I got to see Elder Feltman at a zone conference; he's probably one of the most focused missionaries that exists - and even he said that he thinks about going home every once in a while! So that made me feel a little better :)

That's SO exciting about Makaeli's acceptance!!!!! That would be so fun to have her there at school with me! But, SUU is a great place too, I'm sure :) Either way, I'm sure it feels good to be accepted there! That's fun with Ethan's play too, and him growing up so much! I'm so excited/scared to see how much older everyone is :)

Good luck with the bridal shower! That's so much fun!! I'm so glad Angie is doing well and is so happy - I keep that in my prayers from time to time, to make sure things go smoothly :) Ashley emailed me today with a very funny and descriptive narrative on pregnancy - I now know just a little bit more of the pain and awkwardness.... :) Thanks for passing the message on from Katy! If you get the chance, tell her hi for me too; and sorry for not sending any group emails or pictures and also I'm the worst.... and I'll be sure to email her in less than 5 months :)

Thank you so much for those thoughts! I copied and pasted and printed, cause I'm going to be sure to study those again soon :) I love that one from Elder Ballard - sometimes we're on top of everything and sometimes we just gotta hold on and trust that things will work out. I found and really appreciated that one a few months ago when I had some questions! And I love the reminder - basically about how God cares more about our growth than our comfort. He knows best, huh? :)

Quick medical thingy: I've noticed a couple moles that to me (it being remembered I'm not a doctor) seem slightly irregular. None of them hurt or anything, but they're just not perfect circles. What brings this up, is that a few days ago I woke up and there seemed to be some kind of scab on a mole that's on my neck, and when I looked closer it almost seemed to be a discolored skin tag or something - I couldn't see it all that well though. Luckily, I saw Sister Palmer the next day and asked her about it. The thing is, yesterday it disappeared! So maybe I just made it bleed during the night and it was really just a scab? ANYWAYS! Sister Palmer said that the mission doesn't deal with any dermatology, but what we can do is this: I can send pictures to you, and if you're worried you can find a dermatologist in this area and set an appointment for a Monday; then tell President Palmer, and he'll approve it and I can get them checked. We would need to use our own insurance. Or, we can just wait the 5 months. Any preferences? Sorry to add that to your have-to-worry-about list! I'm not too worried about it, but I wanted to ask you!

Everything is going well here! Good progress in some ways, and some regress in other ways. Normal missionary life :) I've felt a weird anxiety the past couple days, though, about everything at home... everything's ok right? Just want to make sure :) My companion is great, my ward is great, my district is great! We're teaching some REALLY cool investigators right now! I love them so much! :)

Well, I hope the week goes well! You're such a blessing to me! Thank you so much for everything!! I love you so much and miss you so much and can't wait to hear from you next week, and talk to you in May, and see you in August! Fun stuff coming up :) LOVE YOU!!!

Love,
Elder Connor Hopkin :)

No comments:

Post a Comment