Monday, January 9, 2017

Week 70--That's Right--S.E.V.E.N.T.Y!! Or 500 Days!!

Hi Mom!!!! :)

An elder in my district came out with me and told me we just passed our 500 day mark - crazy!! :) So just so you know, our email time this transfer is 12:20 - 1:30. Sorry, I should have told you that earlier! Sometimes I might get lucky and get extra time, or swap times with someone, but that's almost for sure when I'll be on usually! Sorry I don't really get to respond to your email! I'll probably get to jump on at the end of the day and look at it though!

So this week turned out pretty good! It was different, but not bad! We got to bike a ton in the rain, which would be a blast except for our church clothes and bags full of Book of Mormons :) A couple transfers ago, Elder Griffin and I met a lady that we referred to 6th ward - and now Elder Lopiano and I are here, and we're teaching her! She's so humble and needs the gospel so bad! Dang it's a big eye-opener to see some of the things people deal with here. We had a funny lesson with a guy, where he told us he didn't want to be baptized, then 5 minutes later, a roommate came in and started talking our ear off about nothing for 15 minutes... so we just said a prayer and left :) I've gained a renewed appreciation for prayer and scripture study; on Saturday and Sunday, we didn't really get the chance to do our studies, so I was feeling kinda bleh. Then I had some really good prayers the last couple nights and a great study this morning, and I feel great! I studied recently about the importance of the Holy Ghost in our lives and how we can gain it, and it made me want to try harder to do the things that bring it. The other night, we had a lesson with an investigator and felt prompted to invite a certain member to the lesson. And he totally helped answer a question that she had had forever! It was pretty cool! So now she's studying more and praying to make sure God wants her to be baptized. She's such a good lady - all she wants to do is follow God. She's just had a strong testimony of her other church, so it's hard for her to change. Also, this week, I went on exchanges with an awesome elder! He gave me so many stinking compliments, I felt like the best person ever by the time I was done. Such a good guy :)

I think that's all for this week. Thank you so much for everything! I love you so much!!! Thank you for your love and your help and your support! I'm SO excited for Christmas!!! :) P.s. The Frazes are taking such good care of us! I think I've eaten 20 cookies in the last 2 weeks...ugh! :)

I LOVE YOU!!!! Let me know if there's anything I can do for you!

Love,
Elder Connor Hopkin :)


Hey! I got extra time today! :)

Thank you for your thoughts about the Atonement and repentance! I heard a quote from someone saying that the reason they came on a mission was to repent. I've definitely seen that in my own life! I saw a picture the other day, of Jesus showing the Nephites the prints in his hands, and there was this woman that looked so shocked yet so grateful, and was crying, as she saw the marks of His sacrifice. I don't know why, but it hit me so hard! It made me really think of the incredible and infinite sacrifice He made for me, and everyone else.

I'm fine either way with Angie and Alisha and their men coming over! If they want to, that would be great! If it's a hassle, or if you'd rather them not, I don't mind either! As far as timing goes, I think Sister Fraze will be contacting you... I think probably around 4 or 5 our time is when we've kinda planned for. I'm SO excited :)

No requests for the package - you always know just what to send, so I'm just super excited for it! Thank you!! :)

Thank you for your last paragraph! That means a lot to me, and I needed it! I'm doing great; I've just had a couple days where I've lacked that confidence in the good I can do. So thanks :)

I love you so much! Thanks again for everything!!

Love,
Elder Connor Hopkin :)

No comments:

Post a Comment