Monday, September 26, 2016

Week 59


I got these four pictures from Sister Palmer today on my email. Looks like they went to Yosemite for P-Day, and it looks like this is a place that I need to visit at some point.







Elder Hopkin and Elder Griffin
Yosemite National Park
Monday, September 26, 2016


And, here is Connor's letter and a few more pictures that he sent. Love hearing from him and seeing his face.


Hi Mom!!!!!!!! :) I think I've said that 59 times!

So I'll start with updates. Kevin got baptized!!!! :) It was literally a miracle to watch the whole process. As you may remember, he used to be so sick that he couldn't walk. Some missionaries (one of whom I served around for a while) found him about two years ago, and worked with him for a while. He wasn't quite ready to be baptized yet, and went on and off for a couple years, until Elders Elliott and Feltman found him again when they served in this area. We came in a couple months ago and started teaching him, and just weren't sure if it was possible for him to make it to church, be baptized, etc. But a while ago, his strength started returning, and we committed him to be baptized on October 1st. Because of General Conference though, he would have had to be confirmed a week later, so we brought it up to him and he decided to change it to September 24th! Even more incredible than his physical progression was the miracle of his conversion. His testimony became stronger and stronger, and he has expressed to us how this church just fills him with an indescribable joy. It's been such an incredible blessing to be his friend and teach him more of the gospel!

So that was pretty good :) Let's see....this week we went on exchanges with a couple of really cool zone leaders! We went to Yosemite today, which was a blast!! We had a trainer/new missionary meeting...there are about 60 missionaries that are either in their first two transfers, or are training - almost half the mission! So that was an intense meeting :) Oh, and a kid from one of my old wards, that I got to know pretty well, is serving here as a missionary for two weeks in preparation for his mission, so I was able to see him and talk to him for a little! And...I think that's all!

Thank you for the thoughts from President Uchtdorf! I'll have to check that out! I really like what he said about making sure that we're faithfully doing His will, not "faithfully" trying to conform His will to ours. Also how faith comes to the humble, the diligent, and the enduring...I need to work on some of those :) I also love what you said how it helps us get through our challenges when we have nothing else to help. Our belief and trust in His love and power allows us to have hope that no matter what, He will help things to work out for our gain.

Thank you so much for your email!!! I love them always!! I gotta go, but I love you so much, and I always appreciate all of the love and support you give me! I pray for you all the time as well, and I appreciate your prayers so much! I love you!! :)

Love,
Elder Connor Hopkin :)


 Kevin's baptism!!!!!! :) Me, Elder Griffin, KEVIN, Jacob (our ward mission leader), Elder Elliott, Elder Feltman



Me at Yosemite!



Kevin's boa constrictor....I thought you'd like this one ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment