Sunday, June 12, 2016

Week 43--First Transfers From the Office Side Of Things

Hi Mom!!!! :)

I got a little time!! :) Thank you so much for your email! It's good to hear from you this week - I don't know why but this time especially it just felt good to read your words!

So updates: I'm actually staying with Elder Maxwell this transfer. Elder Lopez is leaving to be a district leader in Modesto for his last 2 transfers. Then next transfer, Elder Maxwell will probably leave to train and I'll get a new companion! I think Elder Maxwell and I will work well together as a companionship (even though I love Elder Lopez to death!!) So transfers were actually pretty interesting to be a part of. Last Saturday we started discussing things, then on Wednesday we met for a while to start moving people around. We met for several hours every day since that to make sure everything was exactly right. It was pretty intense! It was a good chance for me though, to speak up and voice my opinions, even though I was a little scared to at times :) On Sunday we sent out all of the calls. This morning we went to Oakland to pick up 5 out of the 6 incoming new missionaries, and we're spending most of today and tomorrow with them. They're super cool!! So that's kinda the deal! I got to go on exchanges with a great missionary that's going home this transfer, and that was lots of fun! We found a new investigator and set our other investigator to a baptismal date; hopefully that will hold! There's a less active man that we were told about that's super ready to come back to church, and it's been great to work with him!

I'm pretty low on time so I'm gonna wrap it up. Sorry it's short today! I LOVE that thought! I've never thought about how personal those ordinances are!! That's super cool; thanks for sharing that! I love you so much!! I hope you have a great week!! Thank you so much for everything you do for me!!!

Love,
Elder Connor Hopkin :)


Morning exercise b-ball :) (Elders Elliott, Feltman, me, Lopez, Jones (my previous companion), 
Bell, and Maxwell)!


Elder Lopez and Elder Hopkin
Monday, June 5, 2016

No comments:

Post a Comment