Sunday, October 30, 2016

Week 63

Hi Mom!!!!!!! :)

Well I don't think my week was anywhere near as eventful as yours! That's crazy! I'm glad things are going well, but I'll definitely be keeping that in my prayers! And giving a sacrament meeting talk through all that? Dang! Proof you're as strong as you seem :) Yah....15 months! It's starting to get real. Here's a little perspective: if President's trend holds, Elder Eagar will be an assistant for two transfers after this, then he'll train for two transfers and go home, then I'll be in the mission for two more transfers, then go home. Another crazy thing: The sister that came in with me leaves in two transfers after this! Elder Griffin takes off in one after this....AH! Anyways, I'll stop thinking about that! I still have a full-length pregnancy to go, and you know more than I that that's a lifetime :)

I'm still enjoying my companions a ton! We're getting to know each other better, so we teach in more unity, and we get along super well (mostly because of them to be honest). Elder Grover is from Wyoming, Elder Eagar is from Arizona, and Elder Griffin is from Colorado. All close enough :)

AHHH I wish I was there for your talk! That's too bad you got cut short. Dad said your talk was the highlight of the meeting, which doesn't surprise me :) It sounds like it was fantastic! I've definitely been striving to develop more charity myself. As soon as I feel I'm figuring it out, I realize I'm completely uncharitable in another aspect. Life-long process, right? :) Funny story: our first counselor called us 3 into a side room and asked us all to give talks next month. He said "Well, on the 13th the topic is Parables; on the 20th the topic is Faith; on the 27th the topic is Gratitude...you choose! And before I knew it, Elder Eagar had taken gratitude and Elder Grover had taken faith, and I'm stuck trying to come up with a talk about parables! What?! That'll be fun I guess.

Thank you so much for putting together a package for me. You don't know how much I love those! I'll be looking forward to it! Thank you!! :) And I'm excited for the party pictures! Come on, you couldn't tell me? Who am I gonna tell? ;) I guess I'll have to wait till next week........... :)

Um, as far as updates go.....we had to drop a couple investigators. So we're down to approximately 0! The missionaries in the area have been sending us tons of referrals, so hopefully we'll be able to find some more people that are willing to listen. We went on exchanges with our district leader and his companion. Elder Smith came with me and Elder Eagar into our area, and it was a blast. He's a super impressive new missionary - I was very surprised! He knows the scriptures very well, and every time he taught or testified, the Spirit was present. It was pretty cool! I realized that I trained Elder Jones, who trained Elder Stock, who's training Elder Smith. So I have a little connection to him :) We went to a zone breakfast on Saturday at a high council member's home, and I got to play some ping-pong with Elder Eagar! Other than that I don't think too much happened...sorry for the boring update! For studies this week though, I read through the chapter headings of the Book of Mormon, which was super cool! I was trying to get a better feel for where everything is, but I was able to also notice some trends of the Book of Mormon. First, and obviously, I noticed just how much the Book points to Christ and to joy and happiness through Him. I also noticed the overall theme that God ALWAYS supports and blesses those who keep the commandments, but those that fail to do so don't receive those blessings. It was a cool study!

Thank you so much for your compliments and your thoughts and your updates! I love it so much, and it means so much to me! You're such an indescribable blessing in my life. Thank you for everything you do for me! I love you so much! I know God loves you and is so thankful for and so proud of the ways you bless people's lives and show your love to Him. You're always in my prayers, and I'll be sure to add your predicament this week :) Good luck with everything! I love you!!!

Love,
Elder Connor Hopkin :)


Also, this week I sent a package to Connor and his companions for Halloween. It was fun to put together. He had asked for a small hymnal and a pocket-sized dictionary and a bunch of snack foods he could take with him on the go. He also wanted a "little bit" of Halloween candy. So, I complied and also sent a couple of other things just for fun. It is times like these that I am glad he is in California--it ended up being pretty heavy, but only cost me $20 to send it. Took some pictures for the memory books. They should've received it at the end of the week (another perk of being so close to home). Hope they enjoyed it!






The final product just before sealing it up and mailing it off. Looks festive!

No comments:

Post a Comment