Thursday, October 20, 2016

Week 61--Transfers, But Staying Put

Here is Connor's letter for the week. Elder Griffin was transferred back to the field and Connor got two new Assistant companions. Although I think he will really miss Elder Griffin, he is excited to work with the new companions that are coming in. I am sure it helps a little that he gets to participate in choosing who his new companions will be, along with the Mission President--and the guidance of the Spirit, of course. :)




Hi Mom!!! :)

Ahh it sounds like so much good stuff is going on back home! I loved reading those updates! I'm SO happy for Makaeli! And I'm so glad Bryn's birthday party was such a great experience - that's so crazy she'll be 16 now! Dang!! Thank you so much for sharing your experiences with Tim and Jen. I loved how you said that you felt peace and confidence, just knowing in your heart that this is true! That's such a good feeling! Usually I'm able to feel that confidence, and just have no reservations about sharing the gospel; I'm still strengthening my testimony though, and every once in a while I doubt just a tiny bit. It feels so good though, to tell people "I know that this is true and will bless your life". I feel like I'm getting to the point where I can truly say that. I've had so so many experiences that have basically proven to me how true this church is; my testimony wall, built out of experience bricks, is getting taller and thicker :) That's so incredible that you got to share your testimony with them, and that's so exciting that Jen will hopefully read the Book of Mormon! :)

So I'm low on time - it's been a little crazy today. A good crazy though! We did transfer calls last night, and picked up the new missionaries this morning. I like them a lot :) Elder Griffin will be serving in Modesto with a couple other companions, and I'm getting two new companions as well! Elder Grover (I might have mentioned him here and there - he came out with me; I've always wanted to be his companion) and Elder Eagar (who has to be one of the most humble and kind people ever). So I'm pretty excited. I don't know if anything can beat Elder Griffin, but they're a pretty great replacement :) We'll keep serving in the YSA ward here. So it should be fun! :)

I've really seen recently how much God listens to us and answers our prayers. I've asked him for lots of blessings and asked Him lots of questions recently, and my testimony of prayer and fasting and revelation has been strengthened so much. He really is there for us in good and bad times. He allows trials to come our way so we can learn and draw closer to Him. No matter what, everything He does is solely for our eternal happiness. I've been seeing that a lot! :)

Thanks again for the updates and the email and the uplifting thoughts! These emails make my day - it's always so good to hear from you! I love you so so so much, and I'm so grateful for you! Please stay safe, and be happy - for me :) I look forward to hearing from you again! You're my favorite :) I LOVE YOU!

Love,
Elder Connor Hopkin :)


Also got two photos this week from Sister Palmer. So good to see him with his new companions.


 Elder Hopkin, Sister Palmer, Elder Grover, President Palmer, Elder Eager
Tuesday, October 11, 2016



Breakfast at Black Bear Diner, Modesto, California
Elder Grover, Elder Hopkin, Elder Eager
Wednesday, October 12, 2016



No comments:

Post a Comment