Friday, July 29, 2016

Week 49--More Change--An Ongoing Theme For This Mission Thing

Hi Mom!!!!! :)


So, I am pretty low on time, but I do have a little! So!

Transfers have been pretty crazy! We sent out all the calls yesterday, and we're trying to keep people more informed than last transfer, so I've spent basically the whole day texting people what they need to do, while trying to not tell them what to do...it's been fun :) We took a bus out to Oakland this morning to pick up our 18 missionaries - they seem awesome!! I took half of them to downtown Modesto in our big van (which is super fun to drive!) and we met some interesting people. I was able to spend some time with a couple of the Elders and reminisce on my first time street contacting. It's weird being the "experienced one" this time, cause I still don't know what I'm doing :) I'll let you know next week how the rest of the day turns out!

Elder Lopez has 1 more transfer, and Elder Maxwell has 2. Elder Maxwell is probably going to train two missionaries at the same time and be a district leader :) My next companion is going to be Elder Griffin!!!!! I'm SOOOO excited!!! He's the one that was Elder Lopez's companion when he was my district leader in Tracy that first transfer. We lived together for those 6 weeks and he's one of my best friends, and I'm stoked :) I'm gonna miss Elder Maxwell though, he was an awesome companion!

I'm out so I gotta go. Thank you so much for the updates and the thoughts, I loved them!! Thanks for the support and that last paragraph especially - that was a super good reminder. I love you so much! Sorry this is so short, I keep getting caught with things to do :) I hope you have a wonderful week, and know how much I love you!!! :)

Love,
Elder Connor Hopkin :)


Oh, one more: Elder Griffin and I will be covering the YSA ward now...I'm so scared :) Elders Elliott and Feltman are taking over Riverbank; they had been serving in YSA; we just swapped areas. WISH ME LUCK! :)


I also got this picture sent from Sister Palmer on Monday evening. I love, love, love this one--it shows his awesome, contagious smile!


Elder Hopkin
Monday, July 18, 2016

No comments:

Post a Comment