Saturday, August 27, 2016

Week 54

Elder Hopkin and Elder Griffin

This came to my email from Sister Palmer on August 22, 2016. It was titled, "Big Trees". Looking forward to Connor's story behind it. Looks like they went on a field trip this P-Day.




Hi Mom!!!! :)

So... I'm cashing in my opportunity to send a super short, lame email. President and Sister Palmer took me and Elder Griffin, and the 6 Sister Training Leaders, up to the Big Trees State Park today! It was so much fun!! I got to drive the big van for about 3 hours total and we all drove up, and hiked around seeing beautiful and ridiculously big sequoia trees, and it was a blast!!! So we got back super late and I'm all but out of time to email! I hope that's ok....

But thank you so much for your email!!! Sounds exciting with school starting! I don't really miss that...but kinda a little bit at the same time... I kinda miss math and science class..is that weird? :) I hope this week goes wonderfully for you, because you deserve every week to be wonderful! :)

I had some wonderful experiences in church and afterwards yesterday. We had the chance to bring an investigator on a church tour. It was completely miraculous because his health has been such that he hasn't left his house for a year. Over the last couple weeks, his strength has been increasing until he was able to come to the church yesterday. The Spirit was so strong as we talked about the Sacrament and looked at all the pictures. Elder Griffin, the punk, made me play a hymn for him, but I was grateful for the opportunity to use that little talent God has given me.

Next week is transfers so it might be short again. As soon as I get the chance, I'll send the best email I've ever sent, ok? :) And I took a million pictures at Big Trees so I'll send you all those in the next couple weeks :) I LOVE YOU SO MUCH!!!!!

Love,
Elder Connor Hopkin :)

No comments:

Post a Comment