Sunday, September 13, 2015

Week 4--A Little More Of The Same

Nothing new to report this week. We always look forward to receiving Connor's letters on Monday. This week was no different. His letter is below. It was a bit shorter this week, which for the reader might be nice. For a Mother, well, it's not terrible, but I don't mind the longer ones either. He explains his reasons below, which I fully support. It's good to see him making conscious choices to focus on his mission and the work he is there to do, even if it means a shorter email home. I have to remind myself that when I served a mission we just waited for letters--whenever they arrived. Sometimes it would be weeks between each one. So, I am grateful to live in a day where I am not waiting anxiously by my mailbox each day to hear from my missionary. 





Hi Mom!! :) Once again, that email was exactly what I needed!! I feel like I'm gonna be saying that a lot over the next couple years :) And, that letter you wrote to me my first day at the MTC - I read that a ton this week and it is so perfect and motivating! So thanks for that too :)


So, just so you know, we're cutting email a little shorter today, and probably from now on. I'm honestly having a hard time letting go of home, and Elder Dixon has recognized that and is really suggesting that I email less. But I figure I can at least spend some time on my mother, right? :) But just so you're aware, that's why my email might be a little shorter. Also, that means I won't be able to email everyone else that I want to. It's good though! I really just need to devote myself to the Lord! I'm trying to study my mission purpose more and I've learned that the way that we show God we love Him is by doing what He asks and serving others. I'm so preoccupied with my own problems that I'm not turning outward as much as I should. But that's the whole reason I'm on a mission, is for God and for others.


Thank you for setting up the blog and sharing those comments with me! You do so stinking much for me! I thank Heavenly Father every single night for how incredible my parents are, and I ask Him to help you understand how much I love you. My patriarchal blessing tells me to show my parents that I love them by the way I live. So I hope that by my emails and my prayers and me trying my hardest, that you'll see how much I love, appreciate, and care about you and Dad.


We have been able to find some people to teach! We have 3 investigators with a baptismal date! I'm not experienced on whether those usually actually happen or not, but I'm trying to be optimistic and have faith that all three will be baptized! That would be so exciting! I'm still not a very great teacher, but I'm hoping as I work harder on that that it'll come with time! The work is picking up a little, but there are certainly still frustrating times. I'm still exhausted always, but that's so true what you said, that I need to be tired! :) I'm getting less homesick but it still comes of course...but it is getting better :) So I'm doing well! I'm trying to just rely on the Lord! I know He can strengthen me! Elder Dixon says thanks for the prayers! And I say thank you sooooo much for the prayers :) They definitely help motivate me and give me strength!


I love you so much! Thank you for allllll you do!! I miss you lots! I'll write you next week :)


Love,
Elder Connor Hopkin

No comments:

Post a Comment